Friday 6 May 2011

What do I want to say ??

I want to......

gain interest
be unique
not be obvious ( like dinosaur bones)


I want the logo to say.....

- this place is a place of discovery
-has a sense of wonder
-its an adventure
-we love nature!


Do I want it to purely be type?
using an icon?
imagery ?
what kind of imagery ??

I need to communicate to :

young adults and young professionals who are not necessarily keen on visiting the museum ( people who are too busy or have lost interests)

but I also need to communicate to


kids
parents
schools

however, this group of audience are more likely to go to the museum anyway and less affected by its logo. ( a museum is a museum)

need to be convinced less than us ( i am also the target audience, so, I'm looking at this through my point of view)


promotional materials?

Thoughts on how to promote this .....

Two parts to this I think....the actual promoting of the museum and then there's the merchandise that people could buy from the gift shop

Promote:
- Booklet, leaflet- infor about the museum
- posters
-postcards
-banners
-websites

there's also outdoor advertising ( a clever play with the environment )

Merchandises :
Jogsaw puzzle
set of postcards
posters
seeds ( grow your own)
poo in a box

* need to think of more ideas after the trip to the museum

I think I need to visit the place to see what they actually already have and what else I could do to make it more interesting....








No comments:

Post a Comment