Thursday 19 May 2011

new poster direction.....



As I mentioned in the other posts,.....

the original ideas for the posters werent working out so well. I wasn't really sure what was wrong with them but they just looked really boring and not that great.
So i had a few mini crits and the I looked at some simple typographic posters that I like ( look at context)

and these are some of the designs I came up with ....




really simple type. no mess no stuff all over the place. I think this style of typography actaully works wonderfully with my illustrations

a bit of texture? I know it could be a little bit cliche but I think when used effectively, it looks really lovely
I really wanted to have the logo on a black bacground and I think that was probably the main reason why i wanted to make the other posters in black.

so ....instead of having the whole thing in black..i could do this...

black tabs?


but they do look better with out the tab

I love this composition and i love how the type sits so nicely in-between the length of the seahorse
I know i wanted to keep the posters simply and i am still keeping them simple but I'm still so hung up on the idea of using a definition of the subject matter on the posters.

I think its a nice touch

sio may b,,,,,

I can combine the use of a body of type ( definition) and the new simple tall thin type to make my new posters.....


I like this one a lot



No comments:

Post a Comment