Friday 12 November 2010

Hot dog Fold-size and format







Like I mentioned earlier...

I've been trying to find the best way to fold the hotdog fold so that I am using the paper in the most effective way....

If I'm printing them off on A2 sheets of paper, how many hotdog folds can I fit into one??

So I started thinking about the format of the hotdog folds and how they don't actually have to be the standard sizes, but then again if I alter them, then there might be waste from chopping up the paper....

so how I can eliminate that completely.

these are what I've been looking at.

I can keep the form of the hot dog fold the standard way and make two A3 hotdog folds out of an A2 paper.


Or create three hotdog folds from one sheet of A2 without creating any waste and the format is different and may be more interesting to look at ?......


I like this one the best...

Its in a square ( ish ) shape which fits in perfectly with my logo and its different

however,

Obviously, the page size is smaller and therefore the space of the information to go in is reduced.....



I'm going to make a decision...before I spend another day deciding on a format of a hotdog fold!

I'm going to go with the square ones as I can fit more into one piece of A2...

also, the shape if more interesting and fits in with my style....

the space is not reduced by that much and this project is all about waste and reducing waste so ...this makes the most sense...


now...design the booklet!

No comments:

Post a Comment